This Bacon Asparagus Quiche recipe is my go-to for brunch at home. It even makes for a great “breakfast for dinner” meal!
I’ve been testing and tweaking this recipe for almost a year now. The common denominator in each trial run has been the asparagus and bacon (other than the obvious eggs and crust). I feel that they complement each other very well so I knew I wanted them to be the hero ingredients in this recipe, as well as the name of the recipe.
Here are a few trial and error moments that I experienced with this recipe:
- I’ve tried Monterrey Jack Cheese, White Cheddar Cheese, and Gouda before ultimately deciding that Gouda was the best cheese for this recipe.
- Each time I made this recipe I knew it was missing a flavor profile. This last time around, I added shallot to the quiche and it was a game changer!
- I initially used almond milk, because it’s the only kind of milk I use/drink (with the exception of some baking where I use whole milk). The past few times I used whole milk in this recipe, I feel like the eggs set better, so whole milk it is! However, almond milk or other nut milks still do work with this recipe.
- I also played around with the portions of seasonings, but I generally stick with garlic powder, pink Himalayan salt and ground black pepper with most recipes.
After many changes to this recipe, I am finally proud to present this gorgeous Bacon Asparagus Quiche recipe to you all! The flavors work great together and here at Brunch With The Brittains, WE LOVE BRUNCH FOOD! Shocker, I know..
This recipe seems to disappear very fast when I make it. Often we will eat it for brunch and then again for dinner that night. And before you know it, it’s all gone! It’s that good.
If you are making this for a brunch gathering, I suggest making two!
SHOP THIS POST
Now let’s dive into this recipe:
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 ½ cup asparagus chopped
- 1 medium shallot, peeled & chopped
- 1 ½ cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 roll unbaked pie dough
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bake bacon for 18-20 minutes in oven, then set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, crumble bacon.
- Chop asparagus into small pieces (about ½ inch), then set aside with crumbled bacon.
- Peel and chop, shallot and set aside with asparagus and crumbled bacon.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, garlic powder and pepper until well combined.
- In a pie pan or quiche dish, place the unbaked pie dough inside and pinch edges to fit.
- Place crumbled bacon, chopped asparagus, shallot and shredded gouda cheese into the dish (on top of pie dough)
- Then pour egg mixture over the items in the pie dish.
- Bake in oven at 400 F for 15 minutes.
- Then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 -35 minutes or until top of quiche is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
What are you favorite quiche ingredients?