Apple Pie Cupcakes
This delicious fall holiday recipe combines two of your favorite desserts into one! Perfect for Thanksgiving or a Friendsgiving celebration.
Your guests will go crazy over these cupcakes that ooze with apple pie filling with every bite.
One of my favorite baking hacks is to take a box cake and manipulate the flavors to make my own creation. If you are short on time or don’t care to make batter from scratch, then this hack will be your new BFF when tasked with making a dessert.
Here I used a white box cake and manipulated by adding cinnamon.
I also love making “surprise” cupcakes! Most people expect a typical cupcake with icing, but this recipe will catch your guests by surprise when they bite into it and find that it is filled with another holiday favorite – apple pie! You can use a homemade apple pie filling or store bought to save time.
I use a cupcake corer achieve this surprise.
Serve warm or room temperature with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 ¼ cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 3 eggs – required for box cake
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can apple pie filling or homemade apple pie filling
- 1 can whipped cream topping
Here is how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Follow directions on box cake.
- Add cinnamon to cake batter and mix until well combined.
- Chop apple pie filling into tiny pieces.
- Fill cupcake liners no more than half way full with batter.
- Bake 19-21 minutes, then let cool for 15 minutes.
- With a spoon or cupcake corer, scoop out a shallow hole in each cupcake.
- In microwavable bowl or on the stove stop, heat apple pie filling to a slight simmer.
- Spoon in apple pie filling.
- Top with whipped cream (or vanilla ice cream – optional)
- Serve & Enjoy!
What is your favorite “surprise” cupcake combo?