In our home Fall begins on September 1st regardless of the hot temperatures here in the hot & humid Georgia. Now that September has arrived, I am making ALLLLLL the cozy apple recipes!
First up this season we have these easy and delicious Apple Pie Crescent Rolls. When I say easy, I mean REALLY, REALLY easy. They only require a few basic ingredients and taste like a crisp, Fall day at the apple orchard.
Speaking of apple orchard, this is just one of many apple recipes to come this season. One of our favorite Fall traditions is going to the apple orchards in North Georgia each year and I love making recipes from the fresh apples that we pick. I will most definitely be making more batches of these with apples from the orchard!
This can be a fun snack to make with the kiddos or a quick and easy dessert to take to Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving. I have a feeling these will become a popular football watching treat in our house.
You can customize these by adding crushed nuts like pecans or walnuts for added texture. I also recommend eating warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM!
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 16 slices
- 2 – 8 oz cans Pillsbury crescent rolls (16 oz total)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, then set aside.
- Unroll crescent rolls and arrange individual triangles on lined baking sheet. Evenly spread sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Toss apple slices in melted butter, then place 1 apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Roll the crescent roll with apple inside until ends are wrapped.
- Brush the tops of each roll with remaining melted butter, then lightly sprinkle the tops with additional sugar mixture.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 2 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!